Sunday, January 22, 2012

First Week With Pandit

It's been a little over a week since we adopted our dog, and things are going really well so far! January is probably not the ideal month to try to housebreak a puppy, but he is making great progress. Thank god for hardwood floors!

One interesting thing I have noticed is that I talk to Pandit almost as I would to a child. Since our kids are bilingual, I have always made a point to speak to them a lot. When they were babies, I would tell them what I was doing and explain things even if it was beyond their understanding at the time. I am now realizing that I do the same thing with my dog, as if he too would eventually get it. So now I wonder what would have happened if I had a dog before kids. Would I be speaking to them in one-word commands?

No comments:

Post a Comment