Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Rainy Day At Home

A wet and gray day here and Philly's murder rate is at 31 so far this year.

On a brighter note, we had Swedish pancakes for dinner. The kids ate unsupervised while I finished up in the kitchen. By the time I joined them at the table my jar of expensive strawberry preserves was almost empty.
"What's for dessert?" they asked.

Since the weather was dreary we tried to squeeze a lot of school work in today. Gayatri needed a piece of fabric for a project she was working on, and suddenly got interested in my shirt.
"Maybe when you grow out of that..."
"In which way do you think I would grow out of it?" (I was not sure how to take that one.)
She starts gesturing upwards, then catches herself.
"...oh."
Thinks real hard:
"But..."
And goes through a full range of facial expressions before a final "...oh."

In between the rain showers, I took the kids and the dog out for a walk. Look what we saw! Can't wait for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment