Saturday, October 29, 2011

Preparations

It has been snowing and sleeting here all day (why did we leave Sweden again?), so we decided to have a cozy stay at home day, eating french toast, napping on the couch and catching up on some school work. While every look out the window made me look forward to the smell of pine and gingerbread, there's another holiday coming up in a couple of days, that happens to be a favorite around here.

I took advantage of the time and made some preparations for the party to come. I baked shortbread and made a batch of my friend Lynn's delicious vegan cashew pub cheese. Just to make sure there would still be some left on Monday I made a double batch. It's that good!

The kids made these lanterns out of old glass jars and tissue paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment