Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Made It Herself Scarf!


The girls took a knitting class at the local library. It was taught by the children's librarian (whom they already know very well!). They met three times and got to keep all their materials. Best of all, the class was free! It really puzzles me that not more people showed up for it. All in all there were about 6 kids there, two of which were my own. Since we don't have a lot of money to spend on activities for the kids, I am always on the lookout for free things to do, and fortunately in Philly there are lots of them! Some work out better than others, but this one was definitely a hit! I had taught the girls a little bit of knitting before, but since 1) I only know how to knit the European way, and 2) I am already their teacher of most other things, this was a nice change, and they had a lot of fun. Here is Sarasvati showing off the circle scarf she made!

No comments:

Post a Comment