Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First World Problems: No Internet

Our internet has been in and out for almost a week now. I know there are bigger problems in the world, but it is getting quite frustrating. Half the time I open the browser, I get that screen that suggests checking for typos, in case I didn't use enough "w"s in the address. I think that screen has looked the same since the internet was invented,  and I can't remember the last time I actually typed in any "w"s at all in a web address. Maybe time for an update?

Anyway, we have spent hours on the phone, turning things on and off as instructed, and two guys have come out to try to fix it, a third one coming today. Fingers crossed it will work, but so far their advice has been limited to things like "make sure you're not connecting to the neighbors' wireless, then you'll get a slow connection." Um, yes.

Last night I had an order of clothes for the kids ready to check out with 30% off. Then the internet went out again, and today everything is back to full price again. So frustrating! For now, the internet is on, and if it stays on my plan is to spend the day listening to the song in that Zillow commercial until I don't love it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment