Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tiramisu Cupcakes



Between getting familiar with our new oven, trying to avoid using the AC too much, and having a vegan bakery around the corner, there's been ridicilously little baking happening here this summer. A batch or two of cookies, a box-mix coffee cake from Trader Joe's (it's really good!), and maybe a tray of muffins. But for Dave's birthday this weekend, I finally got around to baking something a little more exciting.

These are the tiramisu cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. It was my first time making them, and I have to say out of all the recipes I've tried in the book (many!), these are my new favorites! The vanilla cake is soaked in a mix of coffee and Kahlua, has a cream cheese icing, and is topped with a dusting of cinnamon and chocolate.

Vegan Cupcakes is one of my most used cookbooks, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have a copy of it. However, this particular recipe can also be found here.

4 comments:

  1. I will make them again if you come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book too. Wonderful recipes that always work IT looks as though you didi a great job on the cupcakes :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kan du baka sådana när du är i Sverige?

    ReplyDelete