Friday, September 30, 2011

Alone Time


Once a week we usually meet up with some other home-schoolers at a local playground so the kids can play together.

I know sometimes people are concerned that home-schooled kids may not get enough social interaction with other children. But the truth is that our kids tend to be just as busy as any kids, minus the morning rush to get out the door. Most of the home-schooling families I know seem to have the same problem of over-scheduling their kids with activities that other families have these day.

So when my six-year-old wants to spend her afternoon playgroup time making grass-people and playing on her own instead of with the other kids, I don't mind. I know how much I need my own alone time, and I am sure kids need theirs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment