Saturday, August 18, 2012

Recap

My dad came and left, and we are back to setting the table for 5. It was so good to see him again. It had been over a year since the last time, and even a decent connection over Skype (is there even such a thing?) just can't compare to sharing dinners and late night conversations in real life. We ate good food, had a beautiful day at the beach, a day trip to Boston, and the usual errands my parents do each time they visit. These include going to the outlets, where my dad, who hates shopping, magically goes wild. On his travels home, his suitcase (emptied of all the gifts and goodies he brought us) is stuffed with enough shoes and clothing to last him until the next time. The other main errand is eyeglasses. I schedule an appointment for one of the first days of the visit, and if all goes well, the glasses are ready before they leave. Let me tell you something: eyeglasses are expensive! Once they are made progressive, polarized, etc, they are far from cheap, even in America. And yet my parents are happy, still saving a lot compared to getting them back home. And I am thankful for another year of good vision (as I wipe the dust off my Target sunnies with the end of my skirt).

No comments:

Post a Comment