Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent

Time sure flies, and it's been a busy couple of weeks here. We hosted Thanksgiving, with family visiting from both sides. Not too many pictures were taken, but a great time was had. Nobody seemed to mind the fake turkey, or at least everyone was polite about it. I had said I was going to make things easy and just buy frozen Tofurky, but when I realized how many we would need and how much it would cost, I gave in and made my own. There were plenty of hands to help out in the kitchen so it really wasn't a problem (and it is much tastier too!). I had a hard time finding the recipe I had used before online, but ended up finding it here on a friend's blog.

But that was then and this is now. Christmas preparations are in full effect. I think I love Christmas more and more every year. It is also the time of year that I get most homesick and sentimental. I suddenly become more Swedish than ever. (As little as hearing a Swedish Christmas song can make me cry. It is a bit ridiculous.) I want everything to be old-fashioned, because I love old-fashioned, no multicolored lights for me! (Well, we have made a compromise that we keep the multicolored lights outside the house.)

The weather has been gorgeous here lately. Today we went for a long walk up Chestnut Hill, stopping at a couple of holiday markets along the way, then came home for this cozy Advent Fika.

No comments:

Post a Comment