Monday, December 5, 2011

Vegan Pizza All Around!

Although we have been living in Philadelphia for several years and often have pizza without cheese, I hadn't heard about tomato pie, a Philly-area classic, until my friend Lynn wrote about it on Scissors & Spice the other day. I was of course intrigued. Imagine my surprise to then see it served at a birthday party over the weekend! Isn't it funny how that happens?

Tomato pie aside, so many pizza places now offer really good veg options, including faux meat and vegan cheese. We just got the new menu from a local pizza place, Fino's, that now has a full page dedicated to vegan food. It looks really good! I/we eat mostly vegan; cheese is really the only dairy that I have a hard time staying away from, but this should be very helpful!

Today was another unseasonably warm day here. While the girls had a school activity in Delaware County, Rasika and I ate lunch in a nearby park. We picked up a vegan stromboli at Carmen's Pizza, another great place to know about (they also have gluten-free dough). Unfortunately, we had to cut our lunch date short, as a bunch of men with rakes and leaf-blowers (seriously, about 15 of them!) arrived at the park shortly after us.


PS - I just got a new phone. I know the pictures here are blurry, but I am playing around with the camera, have patience with me!

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers! Thans for pointing out that pizza joint! We will have to have a lunch date there after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete