Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sankta Lucia

Today was one of those days that make it all worth it! The sleepless nights, gray hairs, chipped teeth(!), and all that. Like the first words, first steps, first day of school, the kids doing Lucia for us is one of those sweet things I have looked forward to since we first became parents. This is their first time to have done it all on their own, and I am so proud of them!

The girls set their alarm and woke up early this morning, having planned it all out the night before:

"And if I don't wake up, just pull my eyelids open, ok?"

While I was lying in bed dreaming about row-house-fires and girls tripping on long gowns in steep stairs while carrying hot beverages, they got themselves dressed and ready. They prepared our tray with saffron buns, gingerbread cookies, and hot coffee (thank you Mr Coffee with timer-function!) and woke us up with their sweet singing. It was perfect!

You can read about Lucia here, and watch this year's televised procession from Domkyrkan in my hometown Göteborg here.

We ended up with a late start to the school work today, but I love that we are able to have such flexibility!

Since we ate up our last saffron buns in the morning, we had to bake more to bring to the Swedish School party tomorrow.

And some sweets for the raffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment