Saturday, October 20, 2012

Earthlings

I had told myself to never watch this film. But being home alone (sort of) last night I ended up curled up with Pandit (our dog) on the couch watching it after the kids were in bed. It is one of the most disturbing and unsettling things I have ever seen. I had to cover both of our eyes at times and I still feel nauseous this morning thinking about it. I so, so hope these are just exceptional and extreme cases, that would be bad enough. But despite the secrecy of these industries, the productions far, far removed from the consumers, these kinds of videos seem to show up often enough, so I don't know...

I am especially shocked to hear how many animals (upwards of 100 millions, but nobody knows) are being used in various animal experiments around the world each year. I had no idea. I wouldn't necessarily put myself against animal testing in all cases, but these numbers are absurd! I had to do a quick Wikipedia "fact check".

Here is the link for the film, It is not for the sensitive, though part of me thinks everyone ought to watch it anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment